Tuesday 25 April 2017

Giardino di Boboli



A stonesthrow away from my apartment is a small side entrance to one of the most famous and most beautiful gardens in Italy. Directly behind the Pitti Palace, the main seat of the Medici grand dukes of Tuscany at Florence, they are some of the first and most well known formal 16th-century Italian gardens – the Boboli gardens! Lucky for me Tuesday was a national Italian holiday, the anniversary of the liberation of Italy, Festa della Liberazione, so I had my second day off from classes to wander around the enormous gardens and get properly lost. Did you know there are several museums hidden inside the gardens? That's how big they are. Did I mention the many fountains? Oh and the lemon house? Yes, a house just for lemons. 

I'm looking forward to being able to have many more days of wandering around and exploring.